What property is suitable for obtaining a residence permit for investors in Spain?

Requirements for investments in the Spanish real estate sector:

On September 27, 2013 came into force 14/2013 BOE.es - BOE-A-2013-10074 Ley 14/2013, de 27 de septiembre, de apoyo a los emprendedores y su internacionalización.

  • Date of purchase should not be earlier than September 28, 2013 (when the Spanish law 14/2013 "On the support of entrepreneurs and their internationalization" came into force);

  • The total cost of the objects should be specified in the deed of sale is at least five hundred thousand euros
    (500,000 euros); It doesn't depend on the amount of the objects(1, 2,3, etc.).

  • You cannot own a share in the property, even if it exceeds five hundred thousand euros (500,000 €);

  • Real estate can be purchased with a mortgage, but not less than five hundred thousand euros (500,000 €) must be paid for its value from personal funds;

  • The cost of building and renovating your own premises will not be considered an investment.

Together with the buyer of real estate, this residence permit can be obtained by spouses, parents, minor children, adult children who are economically dependent on the investor and have not created their own families.

The documents of all family members can be submitted simultaneously with the investor both in their own country (consulate of Spain) and in Spain.

The Golden Visa is issued for a period of two years and then renewed. This tipe of residence permit entitles you to work and conduct business in Spain, and it does not have any restrictions on the number of days of stay / residence in Spain per year. At the time of application, you must be in Spain legally. The processing time for a golden visa is 10 to 20 working days.

General requirements for residence:

а) Do not reside in Spain on a permanent basis.
b) Be over 18 years old.
c) No criminal record in Spain and in the countries where they have resided for the past five years, for crimes under the Spanish legal system.
d) No ban on stay in countries with which Spain has signed an agreement in this regard.
e) Have public or private health insurance with an insurance company authorized to operate in Spain.
f) Have sufficient financial resources for yourself and your family members for the period of residence in Spain.
g) Pay the fee for obtaining a permit or visa.

Simcat XXI, asesores inmobiliarios en Figueres

This website uses cookies

A computer cookie is a small information file that is saved in your browser every time you visit our website.

Our website uses, among others, technical cookies that are essential for the page to function. We have them activated by default, as they do not need your authorization.

More information in our section COOKIES POLICY.